Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I think we got it...

It looks as if we have bought a house at last.  It was a bit touch and go for a while.  The appraisal was 25k under asking price and I wasn't too sure if the owner would accept it.  CC and I have been pretty frustrated with the whole appraisal process. It seems as if no one does their comps properly or people just believe their homes are worth more than they are in this market.  The owners accepted sale at the appraisal price so we are moving forward.  FINALLY.  I was beginning to think CC was going to be homeless.  

There is still quite a bit of work yet to do.  The inspection is set for tomorrow.  Not that there will be much to come from it as the house is being sold "as is". But it will give us a heads up on anything that will be a potential problem down the road.  The house comes with a home warranty. The realtor is providing it.  I have never seen a realtor pay for the warranty but there you are.  Florida real estate sure is strange.  We need to finalize the closing costs, gather funds etc. and try to set a closing date.  Anyone have any boxes?

3 comments:

  1. If the information is so confidential, why did you post it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to stop posting from work! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! I was enjoying the read and then in the end I felt like I was a snoop.

    ReplyDelete