Friday, April 20, 2012

A Glimmer of Hope

It has finally happened.  Not but a few days after spring break, the Son came to me and told me he wanted to go to the doctor. He said he was ready to go on some medication for his temperament/depression/etc.  It wasn't sinking in with him when I forced him into it but he now says he has scared himself and he realized I was right.  I told him I was proud of him for making the adult decision.  He took himself to the doctor and he is back on medication.  It has been almost two weeks.  I know it takes a few weeks to get it into your system and to make a difference but he is really starting to come around.  Maybe it is a psychological thing with him, knowing he is on something to help him even out his emotions but he does seem to be coming around.

For example, normally, if he is frustrated with a car; (like if something is giving him difficulty when attempting to fix), he would throw tools, curse, yell, basically make a fool of himself.  Yesterday he was having trouble with his car.  He was having trouble getting the lower control arm off because of the age of the car.  He had worked on it for some time before I got home from work.  He calmly told me what was happening, I watched for a minute, even made some suggestions I could help with and he stayed calm the whole time.  We ate, he went back out and finished up the task and was perfectly a sane human being.

Better living through pharmaceuticals!!

2 comments:

  1. I keep popping by hoping to see an update. Hope things are continuing to go better, and happy early Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete