Tuesday, June 26, 2012

KitKat Has Left the Building...

Not really, I have left Indiana though.  I finally was able to pack up the last of my belongings and catch a flight out a week ago.  This is my second week of working out of my house in Clearwater performing the same job I have been doing for 7 years in an office.  Not much different from what I can tell.  I just can't spend as much time chit chatting.  No one but the dogs to chat with at the house.  CC was home quite a bit the first week and it was nice.  I'm sure this will work out fine.  As soon as I got off the plane we went to Ikea and bought my new office stuff.  Desk, file drawer, chair, etc.  We also got a new king size bed so we can finally get some sleep as the dogs take up a lot of room.  They were able to deliver it on Tuesday and it is all coming together nicely.

We have been working on one of the spare bedrooms, that is where the queen size bed will now be residing.  We have taken down the popcorn ceiling, painted, new lighting, painted trim and closet doors, etc.  It will be such an improvement over its previous appearance.  It's nice to have yet another room off of our list.  I guess the next thing will be to get the two sets of french doors installed on the entrances to the living room. (office and study).  We didn't need a formal living room and we definitely would need an extra bedroom more so I reside in the living room.  There is a lot of space for all of my stuff and the lighting is good.

Tropical storm Debby raised her PMS head over the weekend.  I think we got about 8 inches of rain.  The pool overflowed.  We had to drain some of it out yesterday.  Our electricity went out Sunday night. We didn't get it back until late Monday afternoon.  Overall though, it wasn't that bad.

I really haven't heard anything from the Son.  I send text messages that are informative but are never returned.  My heart breaks over the whole thing.  He thinks he is owed an apology for the entire incident with the final move and I just will not apologize to him for him putting his hands on me.  There is absolutely no excuse for that.  So, we are a crossroads.  I still do not know if he went to his college orientation. I hope he did.  He needs an education and I am more than willing to provide that to him if he is smart enough to take advantage of it.

I am very happy to finally be here, in my home after all of this time.  We bought the house a little over a year ago and it has been a long road in getting here.  It's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment