Wednesday, July 25, 2012

How Long Can Hate Last?

It has been since the first of June since I have spoken, truly spoken to the Son. He still refuses to speak to me as I will not apologize for "fucking him over".  I really don't see defending myself and telling the truth as such but there you are.  I miss him desperately.  I want nothing for the best for him.  He has texted twice for money which I gave him and that may have been wrong but I did.

I spoke to his recruiter who has kept in touch with him and the Son did attend orientation and according to the recruiter, is planning on moving to the dormitory/apartment at the end of the month.  He spoke with the Son earlier on the day I called so that is some good news.  I texted the Son about what day he was planning on moving and he said he didn't know. I told him I wanted to send  him some money for sheets, etc. and to tell him about the items in storage for his move but he didn't text back. I hate this and I am hoping eventually he grows up but what if he doesn't? What if this is never straightened out?  I don't like not  speaking with the Son or what is going on in his life.  Although "ignorance is bliss" or at least that is what they say, it drives me a bit nuts.  Don't get me wrong, I would not have changed my decision to move and be with CC over any of this but I wish somehow the Son would have been mature enough to understand.  All he says he feels is abandoned and betrayed. Although this is manipulative, it does hurt regardless of what common sense tells me.

From what I understand, the Dad didn't help him get his car out of impound, he still hasn't paid any child support since March (I have started proceedings about that) and basically, doesn't do anything much for him. But the Son will talk with him. Somehow, there are some flaws in his logic.  Not about money but I have always been the one there for him time after time but yet he will still talk with the Dad and not me.  For some reason, one strike and I'm out.  Nothing that happens with him ever seems to make sense at least as far as I can tell.

I know I can't fix him and can't live his life and I definitely can't MAKE him see reason.  It doesn't mean I have to like it though.  It makes me so sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment