Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mother's Day Woes

So I booked a flight to spend Mother's day up north with my mom as it is her first Mother's day without her mother.  I spoke with her today.  First her line was busy.  I finally got through and she was tearful.  She said she has been on the phone with her brother.  I asked what was wrong, and she replies that dealing with the aftermath of my grandmother's death has been overwhelming.  It is full of paperwork, bills, taxes, will, etc.  I can see where it is overwhelming.  It is always someone else to notify, something to address...  The funeral which seems as as a closing, is really only the beginning.  This process can last for quite some time.  I wish there was more I can do for her, but all I can do is listen.  Makes it a bit hard when she is repetitive as she has been drinking, but I do.  I finally got her off of the phone and she is looking forward to my visit. I hope this weekend helps.  Its my best hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment