Saturday, March 26, 2016

Señor Bubbles

Señor Bubbles is the nicest local laundromat in Clearwater Beach. It's is more than a convenient place to wash your clothes, it's a community.

I have been without a w/d since we sold our home. Every Saturday I come to Señor Bubbles. They have convenient hours, well lit, attended etc. as I come week after week on Saturday mornings I see much more than clean clothes. I see families laughing, turning a weekly chore into a type of outing. I see folks with tattered bibles, reading Scripture while waiting for their spin cycles to end. Folks discussing new babies on the way. Homeless folks washing a small duffle bag containing everything they own, conversing with the woman with 5 children. 
This is a community hub, a place for all to gather for a common need for clean laundry but to also participate in their need for community, friendship and connection. It's a beautiful thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment