Friday, September 3, 2010

I Can Barely Contain Myself!

It's that time again. VACATION TIME!  I love to go places and I especially love traveling with CC.  He is such a good travel partner.  Well, actually he is a good everything partner but I digress.

It is finally time for us to take our New Orleans vacation via Chicago by train.  It is going to be a bit of an adventure!  They say that the train ride is approximately 19.5 hours.  We leave Chicago at 8:00 pm and will arrive at 3:30 pm the following day.  It's a good thing we enjoy each other's company so much because that is a long time to be in a small area with just one person.  Of course, I can't think of anyone else I would want to be confined with so it all works out!!  :)

The weather here in the Ville is awesome.  Sunny and high 70's.  A nice break from the 90-100 degree stuff we have had to endure all summer.  According to the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration, (NOAA), beginning in June, Louisville spent the most days of any city in the country with above normal temperatures: a total of 73 for June, July and up thru August 17th. The city normally sees summer highs ranging from 83 degrees in June to 87 degrees in July. This year we logged nearly all of June and July above normal, and spent every day in August, up thru August 17th, above normal - way above normal. Our actual temp hovered between 98-101 with heat indexes around 110 or better.

I'm hoping our weather in NOLA is nicer than the summer was here.  Because of the slight chance of rain everyday, I have packed an umbrella.  Usually packing an umbrella means you won't need it.  I hope that is the case this weekend.  It should be a great time!

2 comments:

  1. so did it rain on you in NOLA? it rained on us in Vegas. =P
    BTW, I thought your tan was from Vegas. Now I know it's from home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It rained Monday for just about an hour. I was a bit wet but we still had fun all the same!

    ReplyDelete