Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WTF Wednesday

Actually the title of this entry is a bit misleading. It's been a WTF week but as today is Wednesday, I went with that.

I have been feeling really odd this past week. By the end of the day, I feel a bit sick, sometimes dizzy. Just kind of yucky I suppose. Nothing tragic but just not good. The weather has been changing to finally some fall like weather. Some rain, cool mornings, brisk windy days and lots of sunshine. I have had arthritis since I was a little girl. I can tell the weather with my joints and this week has been no exception. With the precipitation finally coming into the area, they have been achy all week. I know, I know, WAAAAHHHH!!! Trust me, I tell myself that a lot and I try not to mention it to anyone. CC sees it some. Especially when I am trying to work out. At times it feels as if my knees are going to give out. It can sometimes bring me to tears. It makes me feel weak. I have to slow down, lower the incline when walking. Running is totally out of the question. I thought I was going to fall the other day. All of a sudden my knee went crazy. It scares me when it feels that way.

I guess what is the worst is my body is beginning to feel old. I am starting the "I can't do (fill in the blank) like I used to". Not only that but I'm starting to get "fluffy". Well... Fluffier than I used to be. It is getting harder and harder to get weight off. It's really starting to depress me. I have a hard time with getting old. In my mind, I am still a young thirty-something. The rest of me is definitely not paying attention to my mind. It takes all of the fun out of shopping that's for sure.

I have been taking Aleve daily along with my normal dose of Glucosamine Chondroitin. The Glucosamine worked well all last winter on its own. Not so much this year and the weather really hasn't begun to get bad. I guess it's a good thing CC wants us to move south. Maybe all of the warm weather will help me keep from feeling the aging process.

2 comments:

  1. :(
    What do you mean your knee "went crazy?"
    Try to find a glucosamine + chondroitin + MSM blend. The MSM will maximize your body's ability to absorb and use the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the one with the MSM. Going crazy is when I feel like I have a subluxing patella. It's creepy. I don't really have any stabilization issues but it sure feels like it. :(

    ReplyDelete