Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween Eve

With Halloween being on a Sunday, I thought I was going to get off easy.  I mean, not have to worry what kind of mischief the Son would cause in celebration of the occasion.  Boy was I wrong.

It started off innocently enough.  The Son left to go out with some friends.  One of his best friends was in town from D.C. and they spent most of the day visiting.  The events were reported to me second hand but here is the short version.  They all went to a party around 8pm.  The Son was drunk and belligerent by 10pm.  By 12:30, he was home.  Of course, I didn't know at the time.  I was asleep in my bed.

I woke to distant voices.  I could hear multiple voices coming from below me. (The Son's bathroom is under my bedroom).  I sent a text to CC asking how many kids came home with him.  ( I was still oblivious as there is always a houseful of kids).  Anyway, CC tells me six.  I walk down to the basement as it was a bit loud.  THAT is when I got the surprise...

Son was passed out on the floor.  He had thrown up on himself and apparently had urinated on himself before coming home.  He was lying on his side close to the commode.  Three of his buddies were in the bathroom with him trying to make sure he was okay.  THEN I saw SG.  (Slutty girlfriend).  She was wearing Son's sleeping pants like she was at a slumber party.  Tangent time.  This girl never speaks to me.  Not since I caught the two of them in bed.  She is still not on birth control and I am trying to find her home phone number to speak with her mother.  Somewhere along the line, Son told her she could stay the night at our house!  I don't effing think so! I looked at her, asked what they F#$% was she doing there.  The kids told me Son told her it would be okay.  I told the kids someone best get her out of the house.  She went into the family room texting madly and disappeared pretty quick.

Most of the kids split after I got up.  I told them he was fine.  He will wake up when he got cold and the tile probably felt good at the time. 

I started hearing a lot of noise around 2am.  I walk back downstairs and he is sitting up, weaving badly.  He had urinated on himself again and I suppose he was uncomfortable.  He had goosebumps.  I took off his t-shirt and changed his shorts.  Laid him on the dry tile and covered him as he was in no condition to walk.  I checked on him again at 6am and he had gotten into his bed so I knew he would live.

The kid didn't eat for almost three days.  Served him right.  Of course he has all of his friends making fun of him.  I hope he learned his lesson but I seriously doubt it.  His lesson will be learned as long as he can still remember how bad he felt.  That will fade with time.  Lord, will I live to see him grown?  He is wearing me out.

6 comments:

  1. Ack!
    *hug*
    I feel you more now that I've just had to deal with illicit partying. You handle it much better than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They break you in as they age. And, you remember all the things you did growing up and try not to freak out when your kids do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um... this kid has already way outdone me. I never snuck out, threw parties behind parents' backs, did drugs, lied to that degree, cussed out my mom, aunt and sister, wasted my college education. Okay, well, I guess I may have arguably done the latter, but what i did didn't make MY dad cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is that I was NOT an angel... But I was a heck of a lot sneakier and just didn't get caught... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, it stunned me to the degree of sloppiness in these kids' "spotless" coverups. Are you KIDDING? You left doodles with people's NAMES in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep telling CC the gene pool keeps getting more and more shallow...

    ReplyDelete