Monday, November 8, 2010

It Was a Long Week...

... even longer for CC.  On Wednesday we left for Memphis to help his sister deal with his mother's belongings and to attend the memorial service.  We arrived at his father's without difficulty.  Traffic was fine.  We went to dinner at a restaurant called Tsunami.  It is Pacific Rim cuisine.  Quite tasty.  it was the highlight of the whole trip.  They have the most amazing potstickers.  If you are in the neighborhood, make sure to get them along with whatever tasty options you choose.  It was an excellent evening!

Thursday we went to the house to begin going through the belongings.  CC's sis had been down previously and had done a great job with going through most of the items.  We didn't have to work that hard to finish everything up.  It was hard for the two of them.  Not only are they trying to sort out what is there, but there are relatives stopping in to see what is going on and more importantly to them, what is going out of the house.  Times like this show people for what they really are.

Thursday night we met up with lil' bro and sis and her family for dinner at Memphis Pizza Cafe.  It was pretty good.  It was a chance for all of the kids to get together and talk and catch up without other family members milling about.  Everyone lives so far apart, visits are few and far between. 

Friday morning we got ready and packed up.  We were going to meet Sis at the MD office.  We were late (this was a constant the whole time we were there).  The siblings went inside, I stayed out in the car.  Of course, I couldn't have a boring time.  Some little old lady in her very big car hit CC's vehicle.  Not hard enough to do any damage but it rocked the car all the same.  She couldn't understand why she did not need to be pulled up as far as her nearest neighbor.  (They were NOT in their space).  At any rate, I had her back up and she tottered into the building.  The scariest part of the whole thing was the car seat she had in the back....  THAT is scary.  I can't believe someone would let her drive around their children.

We had lunch and went back to change.  We arrived at the church on time.  (Only because it was in walking distance of Sis's house).  It went off without a hitch.  I don't think anyone behaved badly.  At least not that I could see.  Afterward we went back to Sis's, changed and left for home.  We arrived around 1:30 am and were damn glad to be home.

Saturday we picked up the girls.  They were soooo stressed!  We will not be taking them back to that kennel again.  They are beside themselves by the time we pick them up.  I will be finding a new place to take them this week.  The Son hung out with friends.  CC worked on setting up the LCD TV in the basement.  During the process, he found a leak.  Apparently the shower in the master bath was leaking down into the weight room.  UGH!  Now I need to have a plumber come out.  We also need to determine if there is any structural damage to the floor joist.  He was able to get all of the cable issues figured out. 

We settled down that evening to watch a movie.  The Son called wanting to be picked up.  After the movie, I went to pick up the Son and two of his friends. The father of one of the boys ordered them a pizza and we drove to pick it up. Then we went across the parking lot to stop at the grocery.  We get home without incident.  Well, at least for a minute.  The Son can't find his phone.  We called it, looked for it etc.  The last place he had it was while waiting for me at the grocery.  We go back up, can't find it.  Go inside and ask, no deal.  What sucks is that it is an iPhone.  UGH AGAIN!

Sunday we spent running errands and going to the phone store.  It was time for an upgrade for me so I bought an iPhone 4.0 and had them set up my old iPhone 3GS for the Son.  Needless to say it was an expensive day. I have told the Son he will use that phone until he gets his own contract and buys his own phones as I'm done.  He loses that one and I will stick him with an old clam phone without even a camera.  it is stored in my office for just such an occasion....

2 comments:

  1. The old lady "Rafantied" me. We had a neighbor, Ms. Rafanti, when I was growing up that thought the way to park was to pull up until you saw the car in front of you move. Only in Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it on the social networking site and I'll say at again here. WHAT is going on in the karmic universe that is screwing with all my favorite people the last couple of weeks?! I comfort myself thinking that if we're getting crap now, it's saving up a WHOLE lot of positive stuff to even this out soon.

    ReplyDelete