Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings

Update on my Mom. They were able to wean her off of the ventilator on Wednesday.  She is still sick and weak but is doing much better.  They were able to move her to PCU on Friday.  They anticipate she will be able to be released early next week.  I don't know where to as she can barely get around. I can't imagine she will be able to be at home alone.  I guess we will have to see what happens.  This Thanksgiving, I am definitely blessed with family and thankful God has seen fit to spare her at this time.

My Grandfather (my Dad's Dad) fell again this week and has been in the hospital since Tuesday.  He is to have a kyphoplasty (spelling?) on Monday.  My dad and stepmother came up on Wednesday late to be here with him so we have had house guests since.  It has been a very busy month.  CC and I don't know whether we are coming or going.  He has been extremely understanding of everything that has been going on.  Lord knows the action never stops here.

Yesterday and today was filled with decorating.  The inside of the house last night and the outside today.  We are decorated and festive despite the "bah humbug" CC gives me when I talk about it.  It's actually quite cute.  I'm hoping we can get back to some semblance of normal despite the holiday season that is upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment