Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Downhill Slide to Christmas

When I was young, it seemed like forever until Christmas.  The time between Thanksgiving and Santa was more like 4 months than 4 weeks...  Times have changed.  It seems to sneak up on me every year, this year more than ever.  I guess with all of the activity surrounding my mother and my grandfather and having guests over Thanksgiving, it has really seemed to fly by.  I have up decorations but that is it.  I still have a ton of shopping left and I have not started any baking etc.  Ten years ago it seemed as if I had more time.  I could spend cold weekends at home, baking cookies and cakes and preparing hearty meals for the family.  (Now they're lucky to get anything at all ).  I don't think I am any more busy now than then.  I can't seem to figure it out.  All I know is that the shopping isn't done, there are no cookies for Santa and I must be on the naughty list again....  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment