Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Leaving Home

When CC moved to Indiana, I promised him I would move wherever he wanted to go when the Son got out of school.  We have gone house hunting and have found a home in a perfect neighborhood that is the perfect size and a perfect price.  It was really unexpected.  When we went to Florida, it was more for the sunshine and the break from our day to day life, not to find a house for us.  When I was looking for my current home, I know I looked at no less than 30 homes.  My poor realtor was worn out by the time I figured out what was going to be the house for me.  CC and I found ours on the second one....

Last night we decided we were going to take the plunge.  The situation isn't exactly ideal but we decided to put in a bid on the house in Temple Terrace.  We have the money to do it.  We will probably have two mortgages for a while but we are going for it.

I talked with Dad this morning and he called the realtor for the house and submitted our offer verbally and is drawing up the paperwork tonight.  the realtor has been trying to reach the owner, (he lives in PA) and we will go from there.  Dad is also setting up all of the inspections, etc. that will be needed and is speaking with a couple of mortgage brokers and bank on our behalf.  I have contacted the realtor from the sale of my last house and she is coming over tomorrow night to get my current house listed.  I know it will take at least 4-6 months to sell this one.  I am banking on us getting this house.  I know that CC thinks I'm crazy for going ahead and listing but neither of us have jobs in Tampa but have put in an offer so why not be crazy all the way around?

There are a couple of jobs in our market office in Tampa that I am qualified for.  One I would prefer over the other.  I kind of need to know how the whole house thing is going to work out before I start posting for new jobs.  The perfect situation would be if I could keep the job I have and work remotely, traveling to Louisville for a couple of days a month or something along those lines but I know that is not going to happen.

I talked with the Son tonight about it all.  He seems a bit resigned I think.  He doesn't want to live with his dad.  I told him not a lot will change.  He will still get a car and I would take care of insurance, etc.  I would still put him through NADC when he is ready to attend.  I reassured him that this isn't happening tomorrow but with all of the job insecurity here, it is better for me to move where there is work and downsize my home and house payment.  I guess he understands.  At least he fakes it well if he doesn't.  I'm on the fence, not sure how he really feels.  I guess only time will tell.  I had to say something to him tonight though because the listing agent will be over tomorrow evening. He made it clear he did not want to move to Florida so moving with his dad is his only choice.

I have never lived out of this area.  I am a bit scared.  Just because it is new and outside of my element, not because I don't want to.  I really want to have this new adventure with CC.  Maybe scared isn't the right word.  I'm extremely excited and a bit apprehensive.  That seems to fit a bit better.

Bottom line is, I am confident in our decision and I know this is the right thing for us.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I thought you forgot about all of that stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. apparently it deserved its own spot on the blog! :)
    And this reminds me of the link Bat sent me while I was at a wedding reception this past weekend, something about look at this house. I keep forgetting to do that. That's what you get for texting me a link to my phone while I'm at an out-of-town wedding all weekend. =P But it looks like a moot point now. Good luck on the offer!

    ReplyDelete