Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Flurry of Activity

Wow. It has been some time since I have blogged. So much has happened over the past couple of weeks, it seems a bit of a blur.

Importantly, we have a contract on a house! The owner countered and we accepted. We are so excited!! The inspections were completed yesterday and CC and I completed a loan application last night and have been approved to purchase the home and there is no contingency on selling our current home first. That is such a relief! We really have no idea how long it is going to take to sell this one and we don't want to lose the one we want in Florida. My Dad was available to oversee the inspections so CC and I did not need to fly down for that. We were glad he was available. We say we are not in a big hurry but I know CC would move down there tomorrow if he could. It is currently snowing here and we will only reach a high of 30 degrees tomorrow. I'm sure that doesn't warm his heart for Indiana.

Last week was a definite kick in the pants. Monday I flew out of Louisville to Reagan National to attend a conference in D.C. National Harbor MD to be exact. I was there in the capacity of an exhibitor. This means I stand all day behind a booth, smile a lot, and hand out give-away items until they are all gone. My flight Monday A.M. was cancelled due to plane trouble and I was re-booked. Needless to say, I arrived too late to make the dinner I was to have attended and ended up grabbing a sandwich and going to my room. Tuesday I manned the booth which was uneventful. Lunch was awful but I survived the ordeal. Most of the team was attending the Wizards' game that evening so I returned to my room, changed, and went down to the hotel restaurant for dinner alone. It really doesn't bother me. My Kindle came in really handy. They had a really lovely Cabernet. I dined on mussels and then back to the room. Wednesday began rainy. I was thankful I remembered to bring an umbrella. We wrapped it all up by 1pm and I grabbed a cab and headed to the airport. Most of the team was leaving the following day but as I had no meetings to attend, I decided to fly home early to get caught up on my work.

The rain had turned to snow by 5 P.M. when I was boarding the plane. They had begun de-icing planes about 30 minutes prior due to the temperature drop. Many other flights were cancelling around us and they delayed our departure trying to fill every seat. The snow kept coming hard and fast. We required an additional de-icing. We were preparing to leave the gate area when we were told we needed to wait while they removed the snow from the runway. As that took several minutes, another de-icing was in order. We were pushing away from the gate when the pilot stated the plane needed to go back to the gate as it needed to be started. I KNOW! Basically there is some something that it couldn't do and there was something at the gate they could use. Some airplane jargon. At any rate, the mechanics had a bunch of paperwork to complete before they could even start. They finally got to do there thing and they closed the airport as they couldn't keep the runway clear. I was stuck at the airport. My rebooked flight in the morning was cancelled as Philadelphia airport closed. I was rebooked again for 1:20 in the afternoon and finally got home. It was an ordeal I do not care to repeat again.

This week has been something else when it comes to dealing with the Son. He wants to drive so bad he is actually resorting to having temper tantrums. "It's too humiliating to go to school". "I'm having a panic attack and need you to come and get me." "I can't take all the people laughing at me because my Mommy takes me everywhere." "Fxxk my life." "My life sucks." WHATEVER!!! He is a spoiled brat. He tells me he wants to hurt someone or something. I tell him he needs to get himself under control. If I need to come and get him I will but we will go to the ER as he is having trouble keeping himself and others safe. Funny.... Clears it right up. Comes home laughing with his buds. I swear, I want that kid to get his license more than he does just to get him off my back. He is wearing me out on a daily basis. Fits, tantrums, attitude. Taking crap out on me because things don't go his way.. Sheesh! I'll sell the darn car and then he can have a license but have to walk! Grrrrr....

This post was started on 2/2/2011 and just finished today, 2/8/2011. My graphic chip went out in my MacBook and I had it in the shop. Go figure....

No comments:

Post a Comment