Wednesday, February 9, 2011

And Continued Drama....

And the saga continues. The Son continues to "want to die" because he cannot drive. He has taken to fits of rage which he has always had. He is so upset when he doesn't get what he wants that he explodes and destroys things. He says he can't control it or himself. I have told him before he needs to be medicated but he won't do it. Today was the final straw.

He wanted to take the car to a classmate's house to work on a history group project. My first reaction is "Why are you all of a sudden interested in school 3/4 of the way in?" He states it's a group project and the whole group will fail if he doesn't participate. He says he won't go if "his Mommy" has to drive him, he will take the F. "Ever heard of Skype?" I said. He goes ballistic. He NEEDS a car. He has things to do and when freshman and sophomores are driving into the school it pisses him off even more. No one changed the driving law purposely catching him in the middle of it. He is killing me over the time from now until March 1. As per previous post, they cancelled the driving portion of the test until he is the proper age.

He kept on and on, getting louder and louder. Tangent time. He called me while I was walking through a local hotel on my way to my car in the parking garage. I just couldn't take it. I lost it. I told him about how he is "so hard done by" by having to wait. Many people get a license and have no car or have to earn the money themselves for their first car. This car is worth about 7K he will be getting and he wants to complain. I will sell the thing and he will have nothing. He can worry about getting around then. He only thinks of himself. If anyone throws him a bone, he is never grateful, he wants the whole damn dinosaur. Screw it, I'm tired. He will need to just get over himself and his attitude. Blah, blah, blah.

Well he started to scream and get upset. In stereo nonetheless as I was in the car. By the time I got home, there was a wall decoration on the floor, broken in the hall. I went into his room and there is a huge hole, about 2x3 in the wall that will need to be professionally repaired due to its size. During the next hour, he ripped his bedroom door off of its hinges and broke the door frame on the door from the basement into the garage. I made him get in the car, we were going to the ER as he has lost all control. He got in only because I was telling him I would call the police and have them physically take him to the ER. We got down to the street the hospital was on (about 10 minutes). He had calmed down considerably. I told him that if he would agree to go to the doctor's office with me tomorrow and would take medication, we would not go. But, he is not going to live at our house without the medication.

He agreed and we started toward home. It was short-lived. He started in again on the way home and I shut him down. He started the pacing and the raging and I told him I was calling the cops. He called a friend and packed a bag. He has left and I haven't used my phone to track him yet.

I love my son more than anything but he needs help and I can't take this anymore. I accept the blame of spoiling him but I didn't think he would become the person he has.

I will be scheduling the appointment tomorrow as soon as the office opens. If he is not receptive, well, then he can stay wherever he is tonight again tomorrow. CC anticipates it is about 1K of damage that has been done as entire doors/frames, etc have to be fixed and have a professional fix the large gaping drywall hole. I am trying to decide whether to sell the car and give him a POS to limp him from here to there or what. He is breaking my heart but I am trying to do what is right. God help us all survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment