Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Drama Drama.....

And the saga continues... The Son is still griping about his license. He still has about 19 days until he can get his license. We were scheduled to take the driving exam today. We figured he could get it out of the way and just come back for the licensing. Now, I spent over $300 for him to go to Drivers' Education. It was my understanding that would take the place of the written exam. I was wrong. I received a phone call from the BMV today from the person who was to conduct his driving exam. He states Son still needs to take the written portion of the test. He can take that at any time. But.... As he will not be old enough for licensure until the end of the month, we need to reschedule. I said okay and hung up. This was at around 0930. School was on a 2 hour delay due to snow/ice and the Son was still at home. I was afraid he was going to have a snit fit and decide he wasn't going to attend school at all so he could sit home and sulk so I purposely waited until he was on his way in with a friend to text him and tell him the news. Of course, that makes me oh so popular..... I informed him I needed to go to get tags for my car so he can go and take the written portion if he wanted to. I received a "God damn it, nevermind". So, I took that to mean he was not interested in taking the test and there was no need in picking him up from school. Tangent.. I left out I was to sign him out of school early so we could make the appointment for the driving portion of the test...

I had a conference call at work beginning at 1pm. It ended early, 1:30. I was working away when my phone rang. "Where are you?" I replied, "Work." "I thought you were going to pick me up?" Me, "You said nevermind so I neverminded." Son, "Well I'm out of school". Me, "Why would you do that?" Son, "Because.. I hate school anyway and you had already said you were going to sign me out." Me, "But you said nevermind".

Of course, this is a battle of logic which my son has none of and therefore, winning for me is empty as he doesn't see it. I get attitude about how cold it is and school will let out by the time I can get there and "forget it". I swear he had to have been switched at birth. There is no way he can be mine......

1 comment:

  1. I don't get how it's your fault he's not old enough to get his license and therefore is unable to drive. Why was he ranting about you and how humiliating it is that you take him around, considering he doesn't have a license, and if he just waits a couple of weeks, he will be getting one? *scratching head*

    ReplyDelete