Sunday, March 6, 2011

Really?

Ok, on the whole, the past week has been pretty nice around here since the Son got his driver's license. He has been in and out, going through fuel likes it's free, but hey, he has only had the license for less than a week so I am trying to cut him some slack. But this morning, he really stepped it out there.

He has this idea that I should let his girlfriend stay the night over here. Now... I know they have had sex, hell, I have busted them in the act. I do not have to condone nor encourage that behavior. He says that she will sleep in the guest room and he will take her to school in the morning. Blah, blah, blah.....

Really? How stupid do I look? Really? I sleep like a log. There is no way in hell I will have that. It would be different if the roads were bad, there was a blizzard, we were on vacation and we were going to have to separate everyone but really? I don't know in whose book this is okay. Of course, according to him, Elliot's GF stays the night and he stays over there. Well, his GF was pregnant at one time but lost the baby. Of course, all of this is probably not true. But, there are parents who buy alcohol for their kids on spring break. When I was young, the parents did not go with on spring break and we figured out how to get our own alcohol. I cannot even imagine asking my mother. Anyway, if it's so OK with the GF's mother like he says it is, stay over there. Of course, he has NEVER asked to stay over there so there is the answer. A bunch of lying going on.

He told me it was "gay" that I wouldn't let her stay. etc. so on, and so forth. Whatever. I am not here to win a popularity contest, I am a parent. I cannot WAIT to sell this house. It is way too big and I am sure that he would not be so eager if he thought I could hear everything going on. What in the hell is this world coming to when teens feel this behavior is okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment