Sunday, May 8, 2011

Can You Say... Cardboard?

Life continues to be a whirlwind here. My son, well, a ticket and two calls from police officers in one week, two different incidents. Meeting with probation and court is on the way. I don't even want to think about that now. (That will be a conversation for another day). No right now, life centers on - cardboard.

Cardboard boxes that is. The need for cardboard, tape for cardboard, packing cardboard, stacking cardboard, purchasing more cardboard... I have been packing hot and heavy and it seems the amount of stuff needing packing continues to exceed my supply of cardboard boxes. Packing is only the half of it. As I will have to spend some time in an apartment, I have to divide my household decor, furniture, dishes, my clothes etc. in two. It makes packing ever so much more difficult. Constant decisions to be made. AND, as we are still living here until 5/27, the decision making multiplies. Besides what goes to which state, there is a timing issue to the packing. What can be packed at three weeks, two weeks, etc. Maybe that is why I haven't been feeling so well lately. I have overworked my brain.

Seriously though, I have been having headaches, nausea, malaise.. Generally just feeling kinda yucky off and on for about the last week or so. Strangely enough, it seems to have started around the time of CC's departure to Florida. I told him I'm love sick. :) Some days are better than others. Yesterday was fine until about 3-4 in the afternoon. Then I felt really hot, similar to when you get out of the tanning bed, hot from the inside out and all of the other symptoms hit. I never got right after that.

I miss CC terribly. The packing actually is a blessing as it keeps me busy. It makes the time pass by until I can be with him again. I go to bed early because I know when I wake, I will be one day closer to seeing him. We really are two peas in a pod, two halves of a whole. Life just isn't the same without him here. I know all of this is temporary but it doesn't make it any easier. I don't like being away from him at all. Heck, the team at work notices his absence. Apparently I wear it like a sign for all to see. I'm just not right without him. I leave on Friday to take the dogs down to our new home and CC and I will get to spend our first night together in our new home. I'm very excited! I can't wait to see him. I think this is the first time in my life I have ever looked forward to a 14 hour drive.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya on the packing. I HATE sorting decisions, which is why I do laundry as seldomly as I can get away with it. Packing's so much worse when you've got multiple destinations. I hope this is the last move you have to do in a long time; it sounds very promising so far. :)

    ReplyDelete