Friday, May 27, 2011

Here We Go!

It's been a while since I've blogged. It has been a whirlwind around here. CC has been living in and working on our new home while I have been trying to pack up our old one. It's a bit tricky as I will be making two moves. The big move to Florida and the other to an apartment close by. The Son is still in school and I am still employed here so for now we are doing our best to muddle through.

They came and loaded the truck this morning. I was sweating bullets. The quote they gave me was for a 24ft truck. I really had no idea what one could hold and did my best to keep it to that size. It all fit! Not much else would though so I guess I did that right. There were 5 guys and they had the whole thing done down to the tractor in 1.5-2 hours. Pretty good considering the size of this house. Grant it there was a bit of stuff staying but this house is pretty big so I was scared...

With that worry out of the way, I have moved on to trying to pay a couple of bills as today was payday. I didn't want that hanging over my head and since I forgot to pay one last month (I lost it to be honest in all the shuffle), I figured I should take advantage of the bit of down time I have before my flight. I logged onto my bank's website and OMG!!!!! No check. Not in ANY of my accounts. I recently requested my deposit change banks. It wasn't in either account. Ok, anxiety attack, 0-panic in 2.2 seconds. Hello... We all need our money.... I called our HR help desk and found out they cut me a live check and mailed it. WHEW!!! Crisis averted. It should be waiting for me when I get home to FL. That sounds funny. Home to Florida.

Yesterday I stopped at the apartment complex where I have been waiting for a unit. They called the day prior and my appt was for right after work. The Son met me there so we could take a look. WELL.. Apparently, someone brought in a deposit 30 minutes prior, even though I had an appt. so basically, first come, first serve. You snooze, you lose; yada yada yada. I was NOT a happy camper at that point. They showed me a 2BR 2BA. That is more than I was really wanting to go for but I will have to live somewhere and time is running short. They will give me a credit so it will only be a bit more than the original apartment I wanted. I had to give them a deposit so that they will hold the next apartment for me. THEY WANTED A MONEY ORDER!!!!! I think I have only gotten one of those one time. I had to ask where you get them. What a PITA!!!!! Thank goodness it is not how you have to pay your rent, just the deposit. If not, I would just live in an extended stay and say forget it!

This seems to be running pretty smooth thus far. I'm pretty excited. I have never lived out of the area. I've summered at Dad's, Did one semester at a college a couple of hours away but I have always lived here. I wonder if Clearwater is ready for me?

2 comments:

  1. Clearwater has been MISSING you!

    What's going on with your old house that you have to move out into an apt so quickly? Do you have buyers/renters on their way in already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was suppose to close at the end of May and I would have a week to be out. BUT they backed out and I'm now back at square one and we have two mortgages and double of all the bills that come with home ownership.

    ReplyDelete