Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Weeds Fight Back

Measles make you bumpy
And mumps'll make you lumpy
And chicken pox'll make you jump and twitch

A common cold'll fool ya
And whooping cough can cool ya
But poison ivy, Lord'll make you itch...


Unfortunately there isn't a song about poison oak.... I have a raging case of it and although the song Poison Ivy isn't about the plant, there are a few lyrics that are appropriate.

Saturday I pulled a bunch of it under my pine trees by the driveway at the house in IN as now they have backed out on buying it and all the landscaping needs to be tended to NOW THAT ALL MY EQUIPMENT IS IN FLORIDA! UGH! By Monday morning I was itching and by this morning my face neck ears chest and arms were covered and red and swollen. I ended up in urgent care getting a prednisone shot, a dex pack and vistaril. Stuff affects me worse every year. CC told me to stay out of it, next time it might require an epi pen. I hope he is wrong. I would post a picture but how embarrassing would that be... Scar you for life!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what an "epi pen" is, but it SOUNDS less scary than "prednisone shot."

    ReplyDelete
  2. An epi pen is a shot of epinephrine. Used with severe allergic reactions. People highly allergic to certain things can have severe enough reaction that can quickly affect their ability to breathe etc. The epinephrine counters the reaction and can save your life.

    ReplyDelete