Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm Awake!

For anyone who really knows me, the fact that I am awake at 11:30pm EDT is some sort of record. I am the sleepiest person I know. I can sleep propped up in a corner. Basically if I am still for longer than two minutes I could probably catch a few z's... This Predisone I have been on for the poison oak I contracted is really kicking my butt. I am wide awake at hours I generally never see, and I eat so much that you would think I am training for some sort of competitive eating competition. It's actually quite disgusting. I have had some sort of obsession with food over the past two weeks and I am sick of it. Thank God the last dose of the medicine is tomorrow morning. I can't stand eating like this and I have no way to control the urge. I had little will power with food to begin with and all bets are off on this medication.

I talked with my boss about the potential of telecommuting a few days a month. She was less than encouraging. I am refusing to take no as an answer without some sort of valid, rational reason why even a trial basis cannot be considered. I will take it as far as I can. If I get no where, then I guess I post out. Then they are stuck with all of the work. I don't know how the transition would go smoothly without someone who knows what is going on but if I can't get someone to at least give this a trial run, I will be forced to make a more drastic decision. I hate to do it while we have the two mortgages but I will do what I have to do. The boss is suppose to talk with her boss about it all. (I reminded her I do not report to him, I report to her). We shall see.

Southwest airlines is having a killer sale for it's 40th anniversary that ends on Thursday. I really want some of those tickets. I will probably plan out a scenario calendar for the boss and show how I envision it all working. And then buy tickets regardless. LOL! The company isn't on the hook for anything except a friday monday working from florida instead of from Louisville. How can that be so bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment