Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Government Work

A lot of people have a lot to say about government work. I happen to work for a contractor. It's a great job and I like it a lot. We have been in option periods on our contract for a few years now. We have been in a contracting phase and we have retained our contract so that is great news. That means we get to work for another 5 years or so, at least until the next contract comes around. Say what you will, working under a contract is more of a work guarantee than anything else you can come by.

With all of that said, that leaves me with a need to get some clarity surrounding work. If you have regularly read this blog, you know that currently I have houses in two places, with my CC in our Florida home and the Son and I here in Indiana for the time being. I would love to keep my job but it will take convincing of the powers that be to allow me to at least telecommute part time. I don't mind paying the money, I don't mind the travel. I still have to get my son through school for another year and I am a rare person that actually finds her job enjoyable and is quite good at it. Conservative parties may not agree with the "work from home" thing only because it is new and our company is slow to move around. Half of my staff telecommute at this time. I personally do not see a reason why I cannot do it part time at least for a while. I guess it will all depend on where they want to go with me and this position. I will be chatting with my boss next week after we get some direction on moving forward with our new contract. At that time, I guess a decision will be made as to my fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment