Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Christmas in May

 
I am giddy like a child awaiting Santa’s visit.  I will be leaving tomorrow night for Nashville and then on to Florida with my CC.  He is taking me on the first vacation I have had since 2000.  I am so excited.  Sitting still is a bit of a challenge for me.  Everyone at the office thinks it is funny and at some level they are excited for me.
 
My life has changed so much since CC has come back into my life.  Twenty years is a long time to be apart.  So much has happened in my life and in his.  One would think this would be a “starting over” but it really is a continuation of where we left off.  Although each of us has grown and changed with time and experiences, we are essentially the same and it as almost as if no time has passed since we were last together.
 
CC has commented that this time is better than the last.  I believe he is right.  I think now, we both know better what we want and can appreciate the other.  I know that is how I feel.  He has not changed a bit, at least where it affects me.  I can now fully appreciate just how wonderful he is and how he is and always has been the only man for me.  I never stopped loving him. I think that is how it has been so easy to get back to this point.
 
I am so looking forward to my vacation with my best friend. I think he is too.  He has made reservations at a wonderful hotel and has made plans for things to do if we so choose.  Spending time just the two of us regardless of the activity is what I am looking forward to most. I am about to burst from the excitement!  My life has finally taken a turn for the better.  Merry Christmas to me!

1 comment: