Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Margaritaville

This past weekend was the Jimmy Buffett concert in Nashville. CC got us tickets over a month ago. Neither of us had seen him in concert so we were "virgins" to the whole pre-concert experience. We went out for a quick bite at Urban Flats and headed over to the show.

It seems tacky vacation wear is a staple for many. Others took liberty with the "parrothead" uniform and branched out a bit into pirate costumes, etc. It was definitely something to behold. Many of the cars in the parking lot were reminiscent of U of L tailgating. They were full of coolers, food, etc. I have no idea what time these people started but many were in rare form once they arrived at the Sommet Center. As it was raining all weekend (Nashville flooded, see later in the post), many had on their galoshes with their beachwear. Comical is a word that comes to mind. Everyone was in a good mood and ready to see the show.

Other than the obnoxious frat boy behind us, all of our neighbors in our section were quietly awaiting the start of the show. The mayor of Nashville came out and had stated that many of the roads in the city were becoming flooded and were encouraging people to stay in the city instead of trying to drive home. Apparently the roads to the south were the worst. I don't think anyone was listening to be quite honest....

The concert was good. Got to hear some old favorites and a few of the newer songs I had heard before but don't know the words... Yet..... All in all, it was a great way to spend an evening.

CC's basement began to take on water while we were away. We had moved as much stuff as we could up off the floor before the concert when there was just a bit of water. By Sunday morning, it was a wading pool and by afternoon, a swimming pool. The landlord had someone bring over a sump pump. We managed to get the hose untangled and we set it up. For a while it seemed as if it was a futile effort. With all of the rain continuing to fall and leak into the basement, we were doing good to just maintain the water level already there. The rain was falling so hard, the dogs did not want to go out to go to the bathroom. We practically had to force them. Poor CC, his dog Daisy didn't want to go unless he went out there with her... LOL!

Due to all of the flooding, we had some trouble finding places open for lunch but did end up at this gyro place down the street from his house. It was sooooo good! There was way too much food though. Next time maybe we should split something. I practically ate the whole thing and was miserable afterwards. I really need to quit doing that...

I left for Louisville a bit earlier than I normally would have because of the flooding. I was unsure if I would have any trouble getting home. I 65 North was clear for me but the issue was all of the exits off were blocked due to the flooding.
I didn't want to leave but I was glad to make it home. I don't know if that makes any sense. It was nice to make it home and not have a disaster on my doorstep for once. No one tried to turn a car into a uboat or a pontoon. I guess I should consider myself lucky on two counts. Arrived alive and nothing to cost me money waiting on me...

Today is Cinco de Mayo. May 5th. A reason to drink a LOT of margaritas and eat at Mexican restaurants. Do you know what that means? Tomorrow is May 6th. It will be two months CC and I have been back together... I love him so much.. I wonder if he even has a clue as to the extent of how I feel?

7 days until vacation!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment