Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Fat Lady has Sung

I talked to former BF yesterday. I was at a friend's having dinner. I should have never answered their phone. It was him. He has been doing home improvement projects and had been drinking. Which, as a general rule is fine but he decided now would be a good time to whip out the soap box and tell me all of the things he has pent up inside.

I was on the phone for a good 30-40 minutes being run down the road by someone who is very hurt. Yes I did the hurting but I had tried to make it a very clean break, no back and forth, just end it kind of thing. Like ripping off a bandage quickly instead of inching it off. Apparently, it doesn't work with some people. I let him vent, didn't fight back, just took it. If not, the conversation would have gone on for hours. It hurt to know how bad he has been hurting, but I cannot change the fact that we would not have worked. I finally got off of the phone and went home (dinner was over by that point).

Sometimes you can love people but it still doesn't work out. He said if you really love someone you stick with them. This is true in most circumstances. The world is full of gray. Nothing is black and white. Well, except him. I wish life could be that simple for me but it is not. everything in this world has a caveat. Exceptions to rules. Sometimes you have to let go of people you love and care about for the good of you both.

The fat lady has sung, the sun has set on that chapter of my life. I wish him well and hope he finds the love and happiness he seeks. He is a wonderful man who deserves to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment