Monday, April 12, 2010

My Weekend

Now that I have had a night's rest I can write the entry I intended to...

Saturday morning I drove to see CC in Nashville. (I have decided to use initials instead of a pet name. For some reason, I can't think of a clever moniker and pet names are personal). It was a beautiful day and other than a small bit of road construction, very uneventful. I received a warm greeting at the door from the dogs and CC. After visiting a bit we decided we were hungry and went downtown to get something to eat. We went to a "gourmet Mexican" restaurant. It was Mexican but with ingredients one would not expect to find in Mexican food. Portobello mushroom and goat cheese in enchiladas, etc. They made guacamole at the table and it was excellent! Margaritas were tasty as well! We even had dessert too. I normally can pass the dessert tray but they had this apple pie, they put on a hot skillet with brandied butter and cinnamon ice cream. Wow! Had to have some of that so we split it. Yummy!

Did a bit of shopping at the pro shop for the Predators. That stuff is expensive! We (He) bought two hoodies and a cami and it was a small fortune. Oh well, they are great hoodies...
The afternoon was a lazy one of cocktails and cigars, kicking back on the deck just enjoying the sunshine.


Had a short nap and then got ready for the game. It was the last home game of the regular season for the Predators. I have always liked hockey but the ability to see it live at the arena makes it sooo much more enjoyable. I may become an addict!  We won the game in overtime!

Came home after the game and just relaxed a bit before bed.  Next day had breakfast before heading home.  It was a fabulous 24 hours.  We always make the most of the time we spend together. It seems we have always had a long distance relationship but I'm hoping that will change in the near future. He is working on getting closer to me as my son is still in school, but I did tell him I'm willing to move to Nashville or wherever after Son is out of school.  I don't want to be without him. I have for a long time and we are due our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment