Sunday, April 11, 2010

My son is the poster child for birth control

I was only gone one night. Just one. I had someone stay at the house and with the kiddo while I was gone to Nashville. Why is it always something with my son?

Friday night. Son and friend announce they will be doing some night fishing at friend's grandparent's place. I was home, no worries. I used my family map service on my phone to verify he was where he said he was. No problem right? Wrong... I leave for Nashville Saturday morning. My friend shows up here at the house early that afternoon. Son is already home. Apparently there was trouble during the fishing expedition.

Friend lets Son drive his Cherokee around on some trails on the property. Some along creekbeds etc. My son has a permit, no license and there isn't an adult in sight. He has never driven on these trails and has only visited this place once in his life. He rides along a creekbed and dumps the truck into a very deep spot in this "shallow" creek. That ends up killing the motor immediately. Water is filling up the driver's side floorboard, etc. The friend's stepdad comes and pulls the vehicle out because it is very stuck and tows it to MY HOUSE!!!!! So, here I am with a car in my drive that doesn't run. They have pulled the seats, carpet etc. out of it to get it to dry and make sure no mold or smell starts in the car. Of course, I don't find any of this out until Sunday afternoon when I get home. My friend called me to tell me about it so I didn't have some sort of heart attack when I came home.

Well, he is on home incarceration for six weeks, no friends, no going out etc. He will be going to my mothers house every weekend to do chores for her. She always has a boatload of things on her to do list so she should be able to keep him busy. He will work off the money in indentured servitude. I don't know what else to do with him.

History - Son was in a fight at school in February. They have a zero tolerance thing for bullying which includes fighting. So... The school resource officer arrested him and took him to juvie. This was in February. He was given a year in Dept. of Corrections that will be served out if he violates a year probation set upon him. We also have court costs, the other child's medical bills etc. Plus counseling etc. So in a matter of three and a half months, he has cost me a small fortune in BS payments.

What in the hell am I suppose to do? His dad is laughable. I mean really.. He can't do anything and is too lazy to even try. There is just me... I can't quit my job to stand over him and make him make the right decisions. I had a wonderful Saturday with my boyfriend (Still need a name here) but will write about it later. My dealings with the Son has exhausted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment