Saturday, April 17, 2010

Derby Fever - It's Official

It is a beautiful day in Louisville. Today is the official start of the Kentucky Derby Festival. Thunder over Louisville is today. There are jet aircraft flying all over the place during the afternoon and this evening will be the biggest fireworks display in the country. It's awesome - for people who can tolerate crowds. Me? Not so much. I'm keeping my butt home. Safer for all involved.

Son has been working on that Jeep all week. It has only taken about $140 worth of parts so in the whole grand scheme of things, we are good. I think the carpet is ruined in it though. I will need to look at ordering some. There is a Jeep dealer by the office, I need to make a note to stop in. I've been really worried about Son. Lately he has been going from one extreme to another. Happy, mad, sad, crying. Changing like the wind. I have made him an appointment with a psychiatrist. I am afraid he is bipolar. I just need to get some peace in this household. Mood changes more often in this house than in an all girls boarding school.

This weekend has really been a bummer. I am spending a CC free weekend. :( It makes it kinda lonely. I will get to see him next weekend though. :) Derby events abound next weekend. There is the mini marathon on Saturday, the balloon race. Germantown-Schnitzelberg Beer Fest is Saturday as well. I think we will have a really great weekend! I hope the weather holds out. I don't think I can do 13 miles in rain... Ginger (the dog) and I are hanging at the house. I really need to do laundry and pick up a bit but haven't had the energy or gumption to do it. I'm typically not lazy but for some reason, it seems to be the thing to do today. I guess I'm either in a bit of a funk or just feel rebellious. F#%K you laundry! Ha! Ha!

I went to see a surgeon on Friday. I am going to get the girls put back where they go. I am so tired of gravity and its horrible effects. I know everybody and their cousin has an opinion on it and whether it is good or bad. I have wanted to have this done since I was 26 so it isn't as if I didn't give it thought. I am tired of having a chest that looks at my shoes. They are so bad I can't wear certain types of tops and pj's. So.. If for some reason anyone reads this, I don't need negative feedback as my mind is made up and it will make me feel so much better. There... I have gotten defensive proactively. Saves time on the back end... CC is going to make sure to be here for the surgery and to take care of me post op. He is so good to me! But it really isn't anything new is it? He has always treated me like a queen. I don't feel like I deserve it but I won't argue...

May will be here in a couple of weeks. CC told the travel agency he would be ready to accept assignments beginning in May. I hope they can find him something here. That would be great! If it's Tampa, well.... I can fly just as easy as drive. Maybe take Son and one of his friends with for small vacations. I just want to start on our future. Son takes precedence. But, once he is grown and out of school..... I have told Son I will be selling the house and going condo. This 1.5 acres is getting out of control. I hate taking care of all of this plus mom's and grandma's places. that is almost 30 acres total. I am woman and I am tired.......

No comments:

Post a Comment