Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Love You... Why?

CC and I have a verbal banter that generally starts in this fashion.  One of us says they love the other, and the other says why?  The reasons go from deep to very superficial and can often be quite funny. People who do not know CC and me very well are a bit perplexed at how we can be at the stage in the relationship in such a short time span.  I suppose they have a valid point, looking at the relationship from the outside in and with no real background as to our past.  How can a person from UT and one from UL who meet at Nebraska possibly have this type of relationship at this juncture?  Well, we have no idea…  Just kidding!

It started in a very normal kind of way.  I saw him, thought he was cute and offered up food.  Albeit it was free pizza but I was willing to share. (Anyone who has ever seen me eat knows what a big deal that is).  We started talking and voila.  I loved him from then on. I don’t know if it is because we share a brain, love the sound of trains (which happen to cross Nebraska’s campus by the dorms) or because I just had to have his Beta softball jersey but we were a couple from the time we met.

So, in an effort to explain why, I will begin to list all of the reasons why I love CC.  Please note, beyond the first reason, they are in no particular order.  My thoughts are random and tangential and I will be all over the board with this I am sure…

1. He is my best friend.  True.  The man knows more about me than I do.  Grant it, there is a 20 year gap but as far as the crucial not so flattering points, he knows them all…. And still loves me.
2. Phone bills.  When we were young and in college, there were no such things as cell phones.  (I know!!!  We are old!!!). Anyway, he worked a variety of odd yucky jobs to make enough money to pay for our long distance phone bills.  We could really rack them up.  We are getting ATT back now, 20 years later. *smile*!
3. He gave me his favorite Beta softball jersey, never to be seen again.  It was well loved in my care though.  I wore it until it was practically in shreds.
4. Commonalities are ridiculous!  This explains the shared brain comment above. On our 2nd “first date” in March we discovered: a) We eat the same foods (picked the exact same things off of a menu at a place neither of us had ever dined before)
b) Orbit Wintermint c) Blackberry jam d) Diet Coke
5. Sun Chips and Big Red
6. Loft at the fraternity house listening to James Taylor
7. Pancake syrup is sticky
8. He has the sexiest legs I have ever seen on a man
9. When he holds me I swear the rest of the world does not exist
10. He makes me feel like I am the most beautiful and important person on the planet. Ever.

Now I realize many of these things are not deep or philosophical.  Most of them are not.
Some have stories behind them and others just illustrate the type of man he is. The reasons are serious and silly, the list is endless.

2 comments:

  1. Much better written than I could ever do. I love you too Kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure this topic has some miles left in it. More to come!

    ReplyDelete