Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

It's relatively early Thanksgiving morning.  I am up, had some coffee and talked with my CC.  I have been downstairs doing some repairs on the basement bathroom.  The Son (like most teenagers) takes extremely long hot showers and after a time, it has caused some mold spots on the ceiling.  As I am trying to sell the house, this definitely needs to be addressed.  There are also some areas on the drywall around the shower that have the paper bubbling up due to water and the shower curtain not properly closed when bathing.  I have sprayed the ceiling again with bleach water and will paint it later with a mold/mildew retardant paint.  I have sanded the areas around the shower and thank goodness the areas were superficial. No patching required, just some spackling, sanding and painting.  The spackling has been applied and I am waiting for all to dry to move on to the next step.  I also repaired one of the holes in the Son's room.  (Yes ANOTHER one).  This one was caused by a stray elbow when rough housing with friends.  IT required a patch but it was a very small hole so not so bad.  I'm not cooking this year as I have chosen to do home improvement instead.  I will probably make chili as the weather isn't very nice.

I do have a lot to be thankful for this year.  I have my health (well at least I'm living).  I have my wonderful CC who is the light and love of my life.  My mother is doing as well as can be expected. (This time last year she was in ICU and on a vent).  My grandmother is doing well also.  The Son and I are on better terms as of late.   I am able to pay the bills and make ends meet.  That is a wonderful thing as well although if this house doesn't sell, things are going to be much leaner. But, all in all, things are going okay.

All signs are pointing to the fact I may get a job offer from the company in St. Petersburg I have been interviewing with.  They requested a 30-60-90 day plan which I have done and they want me to meet the owner on Dec 2 when I am in Clearwater next.  If this comes through, I will need to resign from my position here, find a place for Morgan to stay if his father will not agree to live in this house until he graduates.  If that is the case, I will need to have all of the locks changed and get the house cleaned, etc. and have us all move out and will keep it on the market.  If his father is willing, I will take it off the market for a few months and will pay the mortgage if he will pay the bills on the house.  A lot of things are up in the air.  I just know if I can find other employment paying better than what I am making now, it will help things out tremendously.

All in all, I am very thankful for all of my blessings.  Although the last few months have been trying at best, life is moving on and is looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment