Monday, November 28, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays Get Me Down

Today is an appropriate day for a Karen Carpenter song. It is a rainy Monday.  VERY rainy Monday.  Saturday was 70 and sunny which is unheard of this time of year.  Sunday and Monday....  Rain, rain, rain and in the 40's.  The weather here is awful and doesn't help to perk up your spirit.

I didn't go to work today.  I generally felt yucky.  I did a lot of cleaning and painting over the weekend and I think all of the chemicals really got to me.  Just a lot of headache, kinda queasy at times and my joints are killing me due to the weather.  I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for today so it worked out for the best.

She agrees that a lot of my issues could potentially be my thyroid.  She has also told me if that isn't the case we do need to do something about my weight.  She says my frame can't handle it and I agree wholeheartedly.  I told her I have been trying to do better with my eating but no matter what I do, I can't seem to shed the weight.  Just a couple of pounds up and down and that is water weight, not real weight.  SOOO...  The lab results should be in tomorrow.  She did a full panel thyroid, vitamin D and a couple other tests.  They took about six vials of blood.  As long as the results don't say "You're getting old, get over it" I'll be fine.  I just need to know what is going on with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment