Monday, June 7, 2010

I Did It.

 I did it. I wanted to have this done for my 40th birthday but better late than never.  I am bruised but all signs show the procedures were a success.  The surgery took 5 hours to complete.  I am three days post op.  Getting around pretty well. I went to work today but left a bit early to lie down.  I needed a bit of pain medicine.  I don't know how people take that stuff and function.  It totally wipes me out.

CC has been wonderful.  He drove up Thursday night after work.  I was very excited to see him.  In the beginning, he didn't know if he was going to be able to get the day off to take me to the surgery center.  My bff Nici was to be out of town and I didn't know how I was going to get there and back.  Then, my parents called to say they wanted to come up from Florida, CC got his day off and Nici's vacation was cancelled so I went from no one to everyone being available to transport and care for me. Funny how things have a way of working out.  I am happy with the surgery results.  I'm still rather swollen but you can tell how everything will look.  I'm very glad I did it and am very thankful to have someone as supportive as CC in my life.

CC and parents were able to meet.  It went really well.  They seemed to like him a lot.  At least much better than anyone else I have ever dated.  They didn't meet him in the past because they had already relocated to Florida long before CC and I met.  It was good seeing the parents. I am glad they took the time to get away for a bit.  It has been really tough for them with the economy and they did just need to get away for a bit.  I hope it did them both some good. It was really good to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment