Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Hot

Wow... It's hot.  I mean steaming, fry an egg on the pavement hot.  The last week or so in this area has had the heat index at 105 during the day and muggy 70's and crazy storms at night.  Damn Al Gore and his global warming...
Weatherman today said, "Today we will only reach a high of 89 with the heat index at 97."  Gee, let me make sure to grab a sweater on my way out...

The heat was not helping this I have to wear a girdle post op thing one bit.  I might as well as wrapped myself in cellophane and ran a half marathon.  Now I know how heavy people must feel.  They are miserable!!  Cut them some slack!!!
Follow up MD apppointment was this afternoon.  YAY!!!  Apparently everything seems to be going along as planned but that the swelling will probably take a full 2-3 more months to completely dissapate.  Great....  So much for all the Thursday night bikini contests I've been planning on... j/k.  He did say that I did not have to wear the girdle all of the time but gave me the impression that the more I wear it the better.   DAMN!!  I am definitely not going to have my money go to waste so I am going to attempt to wear that thing as much as I can tolerate.  I did, however, ditch it for the ride home.

It felt a bit weird at first and then I kinda got comfy.  Stopped at the grocery on the way home.  BIG MISTAKE.  My girdleless  (is that a word?) self did not like picking up soft drinks etc. without a bit of extra support...  At least the son and friends (I feel like I have 4-5 kids, all male) were home and could unload the car.  At least all of the sutures and steristrips etc. are gone.  On the road to recovery.  I am starting to feel like myself anyway.

CC will be off of work soon.  YAY!!  I get to visit with my other half of my brain and my other heart.  Oh, might explain that.. 
I found a quote the other day that reached out and touched me...  Ahem... "We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart?  Because the other was given to someone else.  For us to find."  ~Unknown
So I am one of the lucky ones who found their other heart.  <3

2 comments:

  1. I read both of your blogs (his longer of course), and am very happy for you both.

    Here is another quote, "Don't sweat the little stuff." No pun intended.

    ReplyDelete