Monday, June 21, 2010

Wow!

I never cease to be amazed at what CC and I can pack into a weekend.  Never.  I left home Saturday morning, came home Sunday evening and we probably did more than most couples do in a week!  Maybe because our time together is so limited...  I'm not sure.  But by the time time I returned home last night, I felt like I had been gone longer than 36 hours...


Saturday after a "very thorough greeting", we spent some time out on the deck as the temperature outside had yet to get scorching hot.  We wiled away the time PLANNING OUR NEXT VACATION!!!!!! I'm so excited!!  After picking a few places and doing some pricing, budget checks, etc., we have decided on  New Orleans.  Not just go there, but to travel there.  We are flying up to Chicago and catching a train called The City of New Orleans!  Now, CC and I have a history with trains.  I believe I have mentioned it before, but the short story is we love them and they have a special meaning to us.  Sooooo, we decided to take one!  I have only ridden on a train once before.  I was very young and we rode the train from Louisville to Bowling Green.  We will be on the train overnight and arriving in New Orleans the following afternoon.  He found us a B&B on St. Charles to stay in on the trolley line.  We will stay a couple of days before flying home.   I will find us many touristy options and I am sure CC is already planning the number of places we will go to eat as I am sure he has some favorites.  :)

Vacation planning is hard work.  I was starving!  We changed clothes and went to dinner at a restaurant called Bound'ry.  It was sooooo good!  We arrived early and had the full attention of our waiter.  We had a nice bisque (cucumber and fish I can't remember which) with a seared scallop on the side.  Very yummy.  We also had a squash blossom stuffed with cheese on a bed of blue crab and a mango salsa.  There was a yummy mustard like sauce that really brought out all of the flavors.  Dinner was a Hawaiian fish called Opah.  It was cooked similar to a tuna steak and was an extremely mild fish.  (I could have used more of that mustard sauce).  There was a nice vege medley (almost casserole) as well.  Dessert was nothing short of heaven!  We had a Creme Brulee that tasted like a dreamsicle!  Orange and vanilla flavors all creamy with a thin crunchy topping.  We also had a dessert I think they called Phydra.  it had the equivalent of a blondie with a raspberry compote that was to die for!!  YUM!  Towards the end, I wanted to lick the plate!!!  I think CC and I share tastebuds because again, we pick the same foods.  :)

He took me to the Ryman afterwards.  What a neat place!!  As the big new venue for the Grand Ole Opry is still under repairs from the flood, it moved back to the old venue downtown.  I had never been before.  They have a lot of what made the Opry famous, multiple acts, radio commercials, square dancing.  The last act was Jo Dee Messina.  She sang a couple of songs.  I like her as an artist but I think I enjoyed all of the old time acts more.  It was a great night!

We were up early Sunday morning.  I had been awake for a bit trying to get Maddie to lie down with me and be still so as not to wake CC.  I had that under control when in came Daisy who decided to plop down on the other side of Maddie.  Both wanting attention, I tried to pet them and keep them still.  CC was awake within 5 minutes of Daisy's arrival.  As it was so early, we decided to breakfast at The Pancake Pantry.  Apparently, it is a very popular spot with legendary lines for entry.  BUT, as they open at 6 and we arrived a few minutes after, we were able to be seated right away.  We ordered pecan pancakes and a breakfast medley that essentially had every other breakfast food piled on a plate. Fried potatoes with onions and peppers and cheese and ham; topped by two eggs and toast.  We were all fat and happy by the time we left.

We ventured home and lounged in typical Sunday fashion on the couch with the newspaper.  There was a Fathers Day American Pickers marathon on TV so we watched.  It was the most multi-tasking we could do with such full tummies..

After a while, CC decided we have sat in front of the TV long enough. Sooooooo....  We went to the MOVIES!!  (At least we changed venues..)  :)
We quickly showered, jumped in the car and took off for the theater to see Toy Story 3.

Tangent time..  The BMW dealership was next to the theater so we cruised the lot.  Lo and behold, we found a late model Mustang.  Shelby Cobra blah blah blah.  Basically 50k worth of used Mustang.  CC said I should take a pic for the son.  I took the pic but added, "Look at what I'm buying!!!"  Well, very cruel joke to a boy with a need for speed.  He asked if I was serious and I told him I decided against it because it didn't have an ashtray...  LOL!  He was beside himself!

Back to the story....  We saw the movie which was very good.  I cried and everything.  I am such a baby..  We had to hunt down some lunch so opted for Taco Mamacita.  It was deeeeeelish!  I had this taco "Po'boy BLT".  OMG!!  It was so good!  Two small tacos and Mexican corn was just perfect.  Not too much food, but very yummy food.  We ventured home and before I knew it I was back on 65N, on the way back to the house.  I hate leaving CC.  I can't wait until we can be together all of the time.  It will be a first in the 24 years we have known each other.

Tangent time..  I looked it up.  We met and became an us on August 4, 1986. We may have been apart for much of that time, but he has never been out of my heart.

5 comments:

  1. I think I'm gonna stop posting about our adventures. You are much better at describing what we are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's no attitude to take. You do wonderful and I enjoy reading your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What movie did you see?! What a tease, you said you cried and the movie was good and didn't leave a recommendation for the rest of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wait, i scrolled up and saw that I'd skipped a line. I must've gotten distracted by the photo next to that sentence. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toy Story 3. Just for good measure... ;)

    ReplyDelete