Thursday, June 3, 2010

Weekend in Paradise...

Many may think of some far off tropical location in the Caribbean or the Pacific, waves lapping up on the shore, fruity frozen drinks with small umbrellas coming to you nonstop when someone mentions paradise.  Others may think of the view from a zip line, speeding through and above a tropical rainforest.  This weekend, my paradise was right here in southern Indiana.  I know, Georgetown Indiana is not the first place that enters the mind when one speaks of paradise.  But, I had a very relaxing enjoyable weekend right here, literally, in my own backyard.

I'm not usually one to spend a lot of time in the backyard.  I'm typically too busy running here and there, only spending the time necessary to cut the grass, never to enjoy the space.  This weekend CC came to visit.  As it was a long weekend, I got to enjoy more time with him than the usual weekend allows.  We discussed our options for activities this weekend and decided we would make a delicious dish shown on a television program a few weeks back, a Bacon Explosion.  This required some shopping.  First of all, I do not have a smoker, which, is how this is cooked.  We got up and out on Saturday excited about the prospect of having bacon wrapped in sausage wrapped in bacon and then smoked, for supper.  Who can say no to pork, the other white meat?  LOL!

We went to a few different places but ended up finding a smoker at Home Depot at a reasonable price.  The store was packed!  Memorial Day Weekend is apparently a big "do it yourself" weekend..  At any rate, we headed toward the car.  The attempt to place it in the trunk failed, so we made room to put it in the back seat.  While I was busy getting previous purchases shuffled, CC took the buggy and put it away.  We were off to make a few last minute purchases before going home.

I pulled into the parking lot of a neighboring store and realized I DID NOT HAVE MY PURSE!!  We searched the car and the trunk and decided we must have left it at Home Depot, the busiest store in the whole town!!  My purse, come to find out, was left in the front of the buggy when CC put it away.  My purse, happened to be Home Depot orange and must have blended well enough with the buggy he didn't notice it was there.  My purse was found by a store manager, who placed it in customer service which is where I was able to retrieve it.  WHEW! (Note to self, do not carry an orange handbag to Home Depot)..

With that crisis averted, we finished up our shopping and headed home.  CC worked on the smoker assembly while I worked on assembling the Bacon Explosion.  (We make a great team!).  With time on our hands, we sat outside, read, talked, drank a few beers.  The Bacon Explosion was awesome!  I don't think we could have done a better job with it.  After dinner, I tormented CC with Wii.  We played my favorite game, Rayman's Raving Rabbids.  I know he KNOWS I'm insane now...  Bless his heart, he still loves me!!

Sunday was a duplicate of Saturday with the exception we smoked a pork butt.  it was a thoroughly wonderful day.  Just able to relax and enjoy each other's company. 

This is my paradise...  Spending time with those you love.  Enjoying their company and doing things together.  We had an excellent time and didn't have to leave the house.  Just goes to show it isn't where you go and what you do, it's all about the company you keep that makes life great!

P.S.  I want to apologize for the lack of visual aids to the blog.  My laptop is on the blink and closes down the program whenever I try to attach one.  UGH!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment