Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday!

Friday is my favorite day of the week.  I have an entire weekend to do what I want/need to do instead of what is dictated by the demands of my job.  Payday Friday? Even better!

Some people would opt for Saturday, sleeping in, no work, etc.  But... Friday usually ends up being a pretty good work day, things close down from the week.  Most of the time you get a real sense of accomplishment (or occasionally a thank God the week is over).

Many Fridays you find me barreling down I-65 on my way to Nashville to see CC.  Due to the nature of my son's behavior, I have not been since 4th of July.  He has not come this way as all he has is the normal two day weekends and he can't do the "quickie visits" like I do.  He needs a three day weekend before he will make the trek.  As per the previous post, there aren't any this month.  So.....  I have been sticking it out alone.  I will finally get to see him on August 4th when I drive to Nashville after depositing my son on a plane to go to my dad in Florida.

What to do?  I generally don't have too much trouble occupying my time during the week.  Chores, cooking, laundry etc. can easily fill the void between quitting time and time to go to bed.  It is the weekends that are harder.  I have the work at our farm to keep me busy on some weekends and on others, not much at all.  The past few weeks I have slowly been organizing the house for the arrival of CC and the girls.  Cleaning closets, making room in storage areas.  Taking unneeded items to the Goodwill etc.  This weekend I will be painting a small room in the basement we generally use for storage.  It is paneled (yuck) and very dark.  I feel a nice off white is in order to brighten the space.  :) It will still be used for storage but will be a better looking updated room in the end. (Planning for the time when it is put on the market in 2012. It's never to early to plan).

Sunday will be back to the farm to finish the work from last weekend.  Yee haw!

I'm really ready for CC to move here.  The separation is no fun and it gets harder and harder to be apart.  I'm lonely without him.  I'm okay, but lonely.  I keep telling myself, "not much longer".  It works for a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment