Sunday, July 4, 2010

Why Does He Rain on My Parade?

I am in Nashville having a perfectly lovely time.  Son is with neighbor and his parents who are extremely responsible and has the respect of the Son...  So what's wrong with this picture?

CC and I are sitting on the couch watching a bit of television before bed.  I receive a phone call from the son stating that our pick up truck has been taken to the impound lot.  Apparently he decided it would be a good idea to take it out and on the way home, follow some kid that apparently irked him for some reason.  People called the cops, truck was impounded.  He was released to the friends' parents.  I spoke with the mom and the dad.

The Dad is totally pissed.  He said that he had taken the boys to another boy's house, whose father was home and they were to watch ppv UFC fight.  He lied to my neighbor, stating that they would not be leaving, and just watching the fight.  Well, not soon after they were dropped off, they were picked up by another kid and then taken back to our house.  Out in the truck and then the whole idea of girls was mentioned apparently because I was out of town and the house would be empty.  Then the whole cop thing happened. 

I spoke with the Dad for about 10 minutes.  Said they had been home all day.  Said they went to a movie last night.  I asked if he requested to see the movie stubs and he said no but they were home by midnight like they were suppose to be.  Hmmmmmm..  That one has been pulled on me in the past and I told him so.  At any rate, he said they will not be leaving the house until I get home.  I requested that he go to my house, check it out, make sure it is okay.  Lock it and the garage up and turn off the garage opener.  Oh yeah, he added to get the truck out of impound, it will cost $84 and then $30 per day.  So, instead of staying in Nashville until Tuesday, I guess I will be going home tomorrow and then spend Tuesday getting the car out of the impound lot.

Son says he is sorry and he knows that everything is always harder on me than him.  I just believe he is sorry that he got caught.  I am going to have to seriously figure out what the hell I am going to do with him.  I can't keep this up.  He is currently on probation for the fight at school in February.  He will be very lucky if he doesn't have to spend time with the state as a result of all of this.  I guess it depends on the probation officer and what he wants to do about it.

I would totally fall apart if it wasn't for CC.  He is really my rock and the best thing that has ever happened to me (actually twice).  If it wasn't for him I seriously don't know how I would make it through the next couple of years.

1 comment: