Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

What started off to be a crappy weekend Friday really turned around.  It was looking like yet another weekend alone.  I was feeling a bit sorry for myself when I called CC to tell him goodnight.  I was trying to be a big girl and brave it through until our vacation.  I just couldn't do it.  I broke down, told him that I was lonely and I didn't think he was going to let us be apart that long, at least from what he said when his schedule came out.  In order to make me feel better, he said he would leave in the morning to come to see me and we would go to dinner Saturday night. I felt guilty saying anything at all because now he is driving up and I know he really hates to drive but I was very glad to know I would be seeing him and felt much better.


He arrived around 1pm with the girls in tow.  We had a couple of drinks and spent some "together time".  We decided we would go to Asiatique for dinner.  It is a wonderful restaurant in the Highlands (eclectic area of Louisville) that is run by a friend of mine.

Asiatique serves pacific rim cuisine. It was difficult to decide what to have so we opted for a selection off of the degustation menu.  We both chose the 5 course medley which was a mix of meat and seafood.  We also decided to add the wine flight option.  The atmosphere was perfect, the food was phenomenal and the company could not be any better.

After dinner we went to see Despicable Me.  I really enjoyed it!  Laughed my butt off.  Of course, I think a lot of things are funny that CC doesn't but he seemed to enjoy the movie too.

It was a really enjoyable evening and I love him so much for coming here when I know that driving doesn't agree with him.  He does such wonderful things for me.  I don't know what I have done to deserve him...

This morning after some coffee and reading paper we went to a local restaurant for breakfast. We came back to the house to lounge and nap off our breakfast watching Shaun of the Dead.  CC left shortly afterward to go back to Nashville.

I do feel hugely better after seeing him.  I guess I am not made for long distance relationships.  I just can't stand being away from him.  I think two weeks is my max..

We have 11 more days until vacation.  I think I'm going to make it now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment