Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Independence Weekend

Now that I am a bit calmer, I can recap my long weekend...

Friday - Chihuly in Nash Vegas
We were allowed to leave work a bit early to start our long weekend.  I was able to get the Son to the neighbors and get myself on the road to Nash Vegas.  The trip down was uneventful and I was there in no time.  I had sent some cookies from Cookies by Design to CC to be delivered on Friday.  They were to have been delivered before I arrived.  Well... No cookies.  I'm kind of freaked out at this point because of the birthday cake fiasco in April so had to break down and ask if anyone stopped by or if he left for an extended period of time.  They arrived 15 minutes after I asked.  :(  If I just held on a bit longer.  Anyway, now he knows about "cookies on a stick".  :)  We went to supper at Battered and Fried (sushi) and then ice cream at The Pied Piper (I think) before we headed out to the Chihuly exhibit at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens.  We had a wonderful time!  The weather was great and the glass sculptures were something to behold.  They had the sculptures illuminated and they became even more magnificent the darker the night became.  These are just a few of the pictures we took.  We were also able to tour the mansion which now houses a great deal of art. 

Saturday - Say Cheese!
We awoke early on Saturday as my dog was driving us crazy. After a coffee and cookie breakfast, we relaxed on the couch with the television, acclimating ourselves to wakefulness.  We had to determine what we were going to contribute to the get together we were attending on Sunday.  It was decided we would bring a cheese tray and wine. CC had heard of a place called Corrieri's Formaggeria. So, we went off in search of cheese.  They had all kinds!  it was yummy! We were able to sample some of the cheeses and meats and decide what was to be on our tray. I can't remember the names but there was one that apparently had been soaked in wine and had a wonderful flavor.  They also serve dinner so we ate while we waited for our tray to be assembled.  We then went to a wine shop across the way and purchased several bottles of wine to accompany the tray.  We took our goodies and headed home.  They tray in the refrigerator kept calling to us.  It was very difficult to keep out of it but we managed.  ;)
We took the dogs for a walk and resumed couch potato positions.  We watched movies and various shows until supper.  ( I KNOW...  We do focus a bit on food don't we?)  Pizzareal was on the menu tonight.  It was excellent.  Pizza and beer.  YUM!!  We went back home and cuddled on the couch.  That is when the phone call came from my last entry...  I will leave Saturday here.

Sunday - Independence Day
We got up on Sunday, munched on some cookies with coffee and decided we would do brunch at Bosco's.  Brunch came around, we had a spicy shrimp app, a fried artichoke app, and an entree of andouille and chicken hash that was Cajun spicy.  All was good but the artichokes were bland and a bit disappointing.  They had a live jazz ensemble that was wonderful.  it was a very nice place.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  After brunch, we had the schmancy grocery shopping experience at Harris Teeter.  We picked up some fruit and olives to accompany the wine and cheese and headed back home.  Before too long, it was time to head over to S & B's for the get together.  There were two other couples there and it was a very nice time.  I did discover, however, that apparently I AM capable of drinking red wine.  After finishing the bottle of white CC got for me, he filed my glass with red.  By the time we were t go out and watch the fireworks, I had a LOT of wine on board.  Not good...

Monday - Home Alone in Hangover Hell
Wow!  It has been a very, very long time since I have had a hangover.  I was okay in the morning when I awoke, but it became worse as the morning went on.  The coffee I managed to make did help some but my stomach was the worst of it.  CC had it too.  No sooner than he got some coffee on board, he took a shower and felt a bit better.  Then it happened... Damn if he didn't get called in.  This is around 10am.  He dressed and left.  I don't think I could have done it.
I finished watching the movie we had started.  I was feeling really bad by the end.  I managed to make it to KFC and ordered us two large mashed potatoes (they sounded good). It took quite a while for me to get them down but I managed.  I bought some for CC thinking he would be home around two or so.  No such luck.  He didn't get home until about 5:30.  Apparently there were four cases, not two.
We (he) made supper for us when he got home.  No sooner than we finished, he was called back in. :( This time he didn't get back until 10:30-11:00.  He brought us home tacos and we sat together in the living room until he had unwound enough to go to bed.  Maddie, Daisy, Ginger and I spent the whole day together.  They had to watch me lie on the couch cursing myself for overindulging.  We did enjoy our time together but it would have been much more satisfactory with CC home.

Tuesday - Reality Strikes Home
Reality came around in a couple of ways over Tuesday.  First off, I had to leave.  I hate that part. I stayed long enough for breakfast (food again! LOL!). We went to Nashville Biscuit House which is really close by. Had a down home meal and I headed home.  Reality strike two. I picked up the Son and we had our talk... The neighbor did a pretty thorough job come to find out in the lecture department.  Good to know... We lectured on lying, a man is only as good as his word, it will be a long time before I can trust you, etc. He currently cannot have friends over. I have changed the deadbolt on "the man cave" so he cannot enter unless I am home.  There is a curfew on man cave and on him. He cannot stay overnight with anyone.  The truck ended up costing $240 to get out of the impound lot.  It wil be relocated to Greenville.  The fellow who is to go through it and paint it lives there and the truck can sit over there while it waits its turn to be fixed.  All keys will be taken from him upon entering the Farnsley's if they let him stay over again.  They will need to bring him to the house if he needs to get anything at that point.  We will not know the ramifications from all of this until we see his probation officer on Monday.  Reality strike three... I need another vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment