Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Living Apart Makes a Person Crazy...

Just when I thought that things were at least in a rut and I had a grip on all that was going on, here comes Christmas.  What do you get a person that can buy whatever it is they want? (Within reason)....  I'm always stumped as to what to get CC for gift giving occasions.  I definitely don't want to get something he may potentially go out and get on his own..  I don't want to buy socks, ties, shoes....  That is boring and really a necessity which to me takes it out of the gift giving selection process all together.
Blue Without You
My original thought for Christmas was to buy him a piece of Blue Dog art by George Rodrigue.  I found out rather quickly my taste far exceeds my budget.  I am posting the prints that caught my eye.  I wanted to purchase one of them.  BUT, when I found out what a single print cost, I almost choked.  I was really bummed out too because I had found a couple with some meaning.  "Blue Without You" is exactly what it says.  I am extremely sad without my CC with me and it would be a great representation of how I feel.  The next picture is of the train "City of New Orleans". This train runs from up north all the way to New Orleans.  If you have read some of my past blogs, you will know CC and I took a vacation, flew to Chicago to catch this very train and ride it all the way to NOLA.  It was a fantastic vacation. It was on this particular trip we discovered Blue Dog.  (There was one hanging in our room at the B&B).  BUT, again WAY to pricey and there I was stuck without an idea of what to get CC for Christmas.  As we are apart so much, I have a lot of time to sit and ponder.  
Lonesome Whistle Blues
It took me 5 months to decide on his birthday gift last year and this time I only had 2.  I searched and searched on the Internet. Looking for something to jump out and say "This is it!".  I happened upon a website for NOLA Pet Portraits.  After looking at the artwork on the website, I decided I would go for it.  The artist is Kd Amond.  We exchanged several e-mails during which time I sent a multitude of pictures of Maddie and Daisy.  Then I waited...and got nervous...and waited.  Earlier this week she sent a picture of the portrait for my approval and I was so happy with the way it turned out. See below:
Maddie and Daisy
I wish I would've been there to see CC open the box but well, I'm here and he's there..  So, I told him his present was coming and to look for it. To open it right away and let me know he got it.  The bummer of the whole deal is when you can't see someone open a gift, it's hard to tell if they really like it.  I hope he isn't disappointed.

It won't be long though until I am on my way back to Florida. I fly out on the 30th and will be there for the new year.  We just spent a fantastic weekend in Nashville but I am always so anxious to be with him again.  The living apart is really starting to take its toll.  Not on our relationship, that is really solid but on my nerves.  I just don't like being without him. He's my other half of me. Hell, we share a brain so neither of us is any good to anyone but each other.  :)

I'm hoping that the job prospects pick back up after the holidays.  Most companies won't hire or interview during this time of the year due to all of the vacations.  It makes on-boarding tough.  I need to really get something going.  I've applied all over and just keep my fingers crossed. We shall see...


No comments:

Post a Comment